You are driven to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. You are passionate about the opportunity to uphold a company’s values as the initial point of contact for all customers. You take pride in quality workmanship and show drive and curiosity to learn new skills. You are a team player, able to follow tasks and help as needed. This is the type of employee we want to bring to the team.
A Field Tech for McNamara Pump & Electric is the front-line worker responsible for the completion of all field jobs for the company. McNamara is known for their incredible customer service and dedication to a positive customer experience. This position is vital in ensuring this happens.
Does this position sound exciting to you? If yes, McNamara may be a great fit for you!
Who is McNamara Pump & Electric?
McNamara Pump & Electric was founded by Bill McNamara in 1978. Since then he has grown the company to be a leader in Dewatering, Booster, and Sewage pump station applications in all of San Diego County. McNamara is known for their customer service, high mobility to get to work, and highly skilled technicians who ensure the work is done right the first time.
- WE ENGINEER PEACE OF MIND
- WE ARE HIGHLY SKILLED AND TRAINED TECHNICIANS
- WE ARE HIGHLY MOTIVATED TO PUT IN THE HARD WORK
- WE ARE HIGHLY MOBILIZED AND READY TO GO
- OUTRIGHT INTEGRITY: We are dependable, accountable, and hold ourselves to high standards of excellence
- EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE: We are respectful, responsive, and always focus on doing the right thing – especially when nobody is looking
- CREATIVE EXPERTS: We are problem solvers. We approach every job with an open mind, a positive attitude, and a can-do mindset
- GENUINE LOYALTY: You can count on us to be there for you when we’re needed
- ALWAYS HUSTLE: We work hard to get the job done the right way the first time
BENEFITS: Our team members are offered competitive benefits, compensation, 401(k) & paid time off
If this all sounds appealing to you, please keep reading to learn more.
What’s the job all about?
The Field Tech position at McNamara Pump & Electric serves as a front-line position responsible for the actual completion of the work required. You will be tasked with cleaning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of pumps serviced and installed by McNamara. This position works directly with the Service Manager and Field Supervisor to ensure the standards McNamara is known for are upheld for all levels of service including Standard scheduled services, new contracts, and emergency calls. This position is for a team player who can engage the needs of their supervisor with meticulous attention to detail and a customer-obsessed level of service.
Is this job for me?
Finding success at McNamara as a field tech will require a can-do attitude that is teachable and eager to learn. This position requires a dedication to the gaining and retention of new skills and techniques. We need someone who is dedicated to the values of McNamara and equally dedicated to the team. You are able to learn, execute and replicate the tasks you are given. You are dependable, loyal, and committed to providing 100% on every job.
What are the details?
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with Sch 40 PVC and ABS pipe
- General knowledge of basic plumbing and electrical codes
- Connecting power to equipment and tools
- Inspection of pump stations and control panels
- Plumping storm water and sewer pump stations
- Performing preventative maintenance and emergency repairs
- Testing, diagnosing and troubleshooting faulty electrical components
- Troubleshooting control panels, pumps and motors
- Stock and maintain cleanliness of trucks as required|
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Highschool Diploma or Equivalency (GED)
- Electrical and/or Plumbing: 1+ year preferred
Competencies & Success Factors
- Embodies the McNamara Pump values of: Outright Integrity. Exceptional Service. Creative Experts. Genuine Loyalty. Always Hustle.
- Teachable and humble
- Hard work ethic: Works hard to learn new skills
- Excellent when communicating with customers
- Excellent listener: Able to take in information, focus on training material
- Quick Learner: Already has, or is able to understand quickly, basic knowledge of plumbing and pump functions
- Health Insurance – Employer contribution
IF YOU’RE INTERETSED, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME.
McNamara Pump & Electric provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, McNamara Pump & Electric complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.